Why is first aid kit important?
Words from https://www.mfasco.com/ photos by Terratribes.
There will be a time in your life when you wish you had a first aid kit close by. Famous last words from a company who markets these items all over the United States, but it’s true. We hear stories all the time about people who get injured and didn’t have a first aid kit. We believe so strongly about this issue we’ve listed 10 great reasons why you need a first aid kit. Here is why it's time to get your first aid kit now.
- Response when there is no responder - There is never a good place to get hurt but when help is out of reach, a first aid kit is your next best friend. You can’t always count on others to help so be prepared.
- We only have so much blood - Scary but true. If your injury involves blood-loss, you only have precious seconds to get the necessary supplies to stop the bleeding. Keeping a first aid kit close by can provide the extra time you need to seek help.
- Kids will be kids - You can count on kids getting hurt. Lack of experience or just plain recklessness all add up to someone getting hurt. Cuts, scrapes and burns are common injuries to expect so prepare a first aid kit with the appropriate supplies.
- Liability - nobody wants to think about being sued. Businesses are required by law to keep first aid supplies readily available when there is no first response within 10 minutes. Be sure your first aid kit is stocked with the required ANSI first aid items.
- Protect your employees or people you care about - When an injury occurs, a stocked first aid kit can save someone’s life. Think about others who are risking injury while on the job and do the right thing. Let everyone know you have a stocked first aid kit ready to use and tell them where it is in case an accident occurs.
- Cost savings - It is cheaper to clean a cut and put on a bandage than it is to travel to a clinic and seek first aid. First aid kits are designed to manage all types of injuries including basic cuts, scrapes and burns. Save yourself money and keep a stocked first aid kit close by.
- Accidents are unexpected - Being prepared can reduce panic and provide the necessary aid. Always check your inventory monthly to make sure your first aid kit is ready to use when the unexpected takes place.
- Time is of the essence - A first aid kit is just that; “First Aid”. Having one ready provides temporary aid until you can get help. No kit means no immediate help. Precious time to respond can mean further injury, life or death.
- Small injuries can become big injuries - The longer you wait for treatment, the more severe your injury can become. Immediate treatment can reduce risk.
- Peace of mind - Being prepared, doing the right thing and even being able to help others when injury occurs is reason enough to want a first aid kit close by.